SimHydro 2012: New frontiers of simulation
The SimHydro 2012 conference is jointly organized by the Société Hydrotechnique de France (SHF), the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis (UNS), the International Association for Hydraulic Research (AIHR) and the Association Française de Mécanique (AFM).The conference will be held from 12 to 14 September 2012 at Polytech Nice Sophia, in Sophia Antipolis.
The conference will take place in Polytech Nice Sophia building located Route des Lucioles.
- 23/08/2012 - Final version of detailed Program is available.
- 27/07/2012 - 1st Version of Detailled Program is available. Please check your session and register to workshops!
- 8/06/2012 - Details of the free workshops are available! Please read here and register !
- 12/04/2012 - new deadline for full papres: April, 29th, 2012
- 1/03/2012 - Dealine for submitting full papers: April 13th, 2012
- 1/12/2011 - Submission of abstrats is closed! Thank you!
- 1/11/2011 - New deadline for abstracts: November 27th, 2011 !!! Submit now!!
- 24/10/2011 - A special free Mike by DHI workshop will be organized on the 14th September 2012. /More details soon on the conference website.
- 17/10/2011 - A special free Telemac & Mascaret workshop will be organized on the 11th September 2012 before the conference. More details on Telemac at: www.opentelemac.org
- 25/08/2011 - The competiveness cluster DREAM is now a partner of SimHydro 2012.
- 20/05/2011 - Abstracts submission is now open! Expressions of interest for round tables are welcome. Please book already the dates
Modeling in fluid mechanics, hydraulics, and hydrology, whether using digital tools or using scale models, has reached sufficient maturity to be in daily use by engineers for analysis and for communication. Increasingly complex cases can be handled thanks to ever more sophisticated tools and increasingly abundant computing power. The emerging environment populated with new generation of sensors, using cloud computing resources, is challenging the current practices of modelling and request innovation in methodology and concepts for a real integration into the decision-makings processes.
With respect to these issues, a number of questions remain open: coupling of models, data acquisition & management, uncertainties, use of 3D CFD, models for complex phenomena and for large scale problems ... All those points will be addressed and discussed during SimHydro 2012.
> Abstract submission: November 27th 2011
> Soumission des résumés : 27 novembre 2011
> Wish to take part in round-tables: January 30th 2012
> Expression d'intérêt pour la participation aux tables rondes : 30 janvier 2012
> Notification of acceptance: January 30th 2012
> Notification d'acceptation de résumé : 30 janvier 2012
> Full paper submission: April 13th 2012
> Soumission des articles : 13 avril 2012
SimHydro 2010 was attended by 150 international delegates who have presented and shared experiences in various fields where modeling was involved. The event was dedicated to hydraulic modeling, water management, modeling theory, numerical methods, fluid mechanics, hydroinformatics and stakeholders related issues. Exchanges have been very fruitful on crucial questions related to:
- What are the sources of uncertainty in modeling?
- What are the state-of-the-art in research and development in domain of numerical fluid mechanics?
- What are the state-of-the-art in multi-scale modeling and multi-physics modeling?
- Are stakeholders able to understand the results of models?
- Are stakeholders using hydroinformatics technology?
- Do stakeholders have the means for dialog directly or indirectly with the model developers?
- Exchanging information’s between stakeholders and developers?
Round tables during the second day have permitted in deepth exchanges between modeling specialists and stakeholders who hav eto deal with modeling results. This discussion format was higly appreciated by participants and will be reconducted in the 2012 edition.